Welcome to the Mechanical Development team in FalCom. We are growing the team and you might be our new Mechanical Engineer if you enjoy working with plastic components and integration of electronics.
Built on 150 years of innovation – to make life sound better
FalCom is built on GN’s foundation as a global leader in intelligent audio solutions with headquarters in Ballerup. We create advanced hearing protection solutions enabling special operations, military, law enforcement and security personnel to communicate in the most extreme environments – all while providing world-class hearing protection.
Physically, we are located in Ballerup together with the rest of GN.
Your development and future work environment
Your tasks will vary with exposure to many different projects and lifecycle stages of the development. Sometimes you might be prototyping based on input from our colleagues other times you might be focused on design and construction. Eg. by working on issues like "how do I create a robust design that can deal with the heat generated from an electrical component?"
Our work focuses on developing good products for manufacturing and cross-functional collaboration with our colleagues in Hardware, software and our prototyping colleagues to mention a few. It enables us to keep improving our Product Maintenance-, Design for Manufacturing (DFM)- and Design for Assembly (DFA) processes.
Yoh have 3 to 5 years of experience with engineering and are able and interested in quickly adapting the skills to handle the following:
- Design and develop integrated products using PTC CREO
- Create prototypes and concepts, with our advanced prototype center.
- Maturing products in collaboration with suppliers and production
- Documentation of parts including BOM’s in our ERP system.
- Product verification, with internal and external test facilities.
- Handover to production.
- Managing engineering change orders.
Example of Engineering technologies in your daily work
- Injection molding of plastics.
- Pressure molding of metal.
- Machined items.
- Sheet metal, including surface treatment.
- Integrating hardware in mechanical design.
- Ensuring a good User Interface.
- Analyzing user needs and develop solutions.
What we offer
We believe we offer the benefits of a close collaborating team with high level of trust and flexibility for our coworkers. We are a social team that have breakfast once a week and occasional social gatherings outside of work.
We care about the atmosphere in the team and value the diversity of thought. We know that his is beneficial for our team and the development of our products.
We are open to a variety of backgrounds, but hope that you bring:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical or Design Engineering
- 3 to 5 years of engineering experience
- A passion for constructing reliable products that enable first class communication in critical situations
- Broad mechanical toolbox and interest in 3D-design, material properties and product environmental testing (to ensure that our products function well under all conditions)
To apply, use the ‘APPLY’ link no later than 31 July 2022. We hope to start interviews in August the latest.
We look forward to hearing from you.
FalCom is an advanced hearing protection solution enabling special operations, military, law enforcement and security personnel to communicate in the most extreme environments – all while providing world-class hearing protection.
FalCom is built on GN’s foundation as a global leader in intelligent audio solutions. The GN Group’s unique portfolio of medical, professional and consumer audio solutions – and the deep research and development expertise behind this range of products - gives our brands unprecedented advantages in the med-tech, hearables and intelligent audio field.
Dela detta jobb